Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coach's Meeting

Next Tuesday I have a Coach's Meeting at Bay with 7 other coaches to determine the schedule for our conference. The teams in our conference this year will be: Bay, Trumann, Leachville, Caraway, Lake City, (Monette, I think?) and, of course, us. Not really sure why Marked Tree is not on this list but, hopefully, they will be included 'cause I'd like to play them. Regardless, this will give us 12 guaranteed conference games. One home and one away with each of the 6 teams. Our conference tournament will probably be sometime in January. After Tuesday's meeting, I'll be able to post our schedule on here and bring written schedules to our next practice. Also, once I get the conference games scheduled, I can move forward in scheduling games with other schools. Some schools of interest are...Swifton/Tuckerman (they came together...not sure what they call themselves), Marmaduke, Weiner, Marked Tree (if they're not in our conference), Harrisburg, and a few others. It really just boils down to who I can get to play us. From what I've heard, conference games will probably start around the 1st or 2nd week of November...find our for sure Tuesday. I'd like to get a couple games in before that with other schools maybe around late October...we'll see.