Thursday, November 27, 2008

Marked Tree

4th grade game:

I gotta admit, I was shaking before the game ever started. I almost asked for birth certificates before the game...never seen size like that on a 4th grade girls team. However, after we jumped out 10-0 I was feeling better. It was funny...our girls were scared to death. Even after they called timeout and we were up 10-0 they were still scared. Good job girls...really looked good tonight. Final score 30-8.

5th grade game:
Great job ladies...came out early and attacked. 47-4...great job!

6th grade game:
I wish we had better news to share on the outcome of this game. We lost 28-24. I knew this game was going to be tough going in. Coach McClung informed me that they lost 2 out of 3 to Marked Tree last year by 20 pts both times. Of course, we all remember the win in the tournament. We double teamed the point guard for most of the game and she ended with 8 points. 31 hurt us with those two threes but that was just a mental breakdown on our part by not remembering who we were supposed to be guarding. The big stat...free throws. We were 4 out of 18. Not gonna beat many teams shooting like that. Good hustle girls...let's allow this loss to make us stronger. Proud of you!

Coach Archer